- Blend - Nicaraguan puro (wrapper, binder and filler) with rosado to rosado oscuro habano (sp.) wrapper from Jalapa
- Leaves ages - Moderately aged leaves from 2 to 5 ½ years (average of one extra year of fermentation/aging than standard market leaves)
- Aromas & Taste - Aromatic depth and well-rounded richness. Woody, spice, animal, toasty and sweet
- Strength - #6½ to #7 fortaleza - Medium to full body cigar
- Progression - Pleasant and marked evolution
- Combustion - Easy and complete
- Ashes - Solid, compact and white
- Leaves harvested from the best plots of our farms ? From our finest microclimates, the leaves are of superior quality
- Leaves from especially meticulous selection & classification ? Much finer classification than standard market leaves
- Moderately aged leaves ? average of one extra year of fermentation/aging than market standard leaves (2 to 5 ½ years instead of 1 ½ to 4 ½ years)
- Perfect construction and combustion
Nicaraguan puro, Nicarao Especial is blended with unique leaves. Three peculiarities give Nicarao Especial its unique personality.
First (1), the leaves are harvested from the best plots on our farms. The leaves come from the best microclimates of our Nicaraguan terroirs. Cigars are similar to wines; only a few meters can make the difference between a grand cru and a simple appellation. Understanding the soil and the environment is essential for a singular cigar production. Second (2), after harvest and first fermentation, the leaves are selected and classified with especially meticulous precision. Classification is therefore finer than the one for standard market leaves. Third (3), the leaves are kept around one year longer in fermentation and aging than market standard leaves. Having leaves from 2 to 5 ½ years makes the Nicarao Especial a cigar rolled with a moderately aged leaves.
Those 3 peculiarities give Nicarao Especial blend an outstanding depth in its taste and a delicacy in its strength. The blend reveals its character with refined elegance.